
It's been awhile but I remember the last time I rolled Toomer's Corner after a BIG win. Dan, Ben, some of my roomies, and I stayed in town while Auburn traveled to play Tennessee- this was when they were good. We grilled out at the house and watched the game. When Auburn won we all decided it was the perfect time to go to Toomer's and roll the trees. It was so much fun! We threw toilet paper in the trees and watched as they were covered in white. We said War Eagle a million times to all of our Auburn family. We took pictures with each other to document that night. Thank goodness we did because this might end up being the way Caroline experiences rolling Toomer's Corner- through my pictures.
Will broke the news to me last night and I don't think it really sunk in at first. I was in the kitchen baking for the weekend and cooking dinner so my mind was other places. When my head hit the pillow last night (after an exhausting day- Caroline must be going through a 16 week growth spurt) I realized the validity of the news. Has the Auburn / Alabama rivalry gotten this bad? Is it so bad that an Alabama fan that probably didn't go to the school or has ever been to Tuscaloosa ruined an Auburn tradition? Yes the Auburn spirit is still alive but the tradition of rolling Toomer's Corner might not be. It saddens me to think that Caroline might not ever get the chance to experience this! I hope that they can find a way to remedy the situation- and by that I mean save the trees AND get back to a FRIENDLY Auburn / Alabama rivalry.
I believe in Auburn and love it!
War Damn Eagle!
I think that was the last time I actually rolled it too or one of the last times. Sad sad day! Glad I could share it with you!
ReplyDelete