The boys were up early on Saturday morning dressed in their khaki, camo and brightest orange. When I say bright I mean it! Caroline was mesmerized with this new color. We made sure to get their picture before they left because they looked too cute- and manly!

We decided that while the boys did a little hunting, Melba, Caroline and I would do a little shopping- only fair right? We went to the cutest store in Hartselle, The Robin's Nest. It is trouble so make sure if you go you don't go too often. They have the sweetest outfits and of course we had to get a few for Caroline. We could have done some major damage but Melba and I had some restraint and walked out with only minor damage. She is going to look so stinking cute in these outfits- don't worry there will be pictures!
That night we had dinner with the Hofmmann's which was their first time to meet Caroline. They loved her (of course) and she took a liking to Mrs. Hofammann. Since we were all together it gave the dads time to brag about their sons. Dabney pulled me aside to specifically tell me how well Will did hunting that day. He killed 7 birds in his first 7 shots- I now know this is VERY impressive (growing up in a family that didn't hunt I'm slowly learning)!



We got up early on Sunday morning and said our goodbyes to Billy and Melba and headed back to Birmingham. We had a busy day with church, lunch with Kingsley and Paulie and a Super Bowl Party. Whew- we were tired last night when our heads hit the pillow!
It was a busy weekend for sure but it was definitely worth it! Caroline especially enjoyed the time with her Gran Mama! I'm glad Will got a chance to have a big hunt and we'll get to enjoy the quail next weekend when we have Jack and Allison to visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment