We left in the afternoon on Friday and CB did such a great job in the car. She slept most of the time, drank from her bottle, and slept some more. When we were 5 miles, I'm not kidding, 5 miles from Elizabeth's house I got pulled over by a Memphis police officer. As it happens, I'm thinking CB could totally get me out of this ticket. If only she would cry and then I could explain that we're in a hurry to get her to my family's house because she is soooo fussy. Well the problem is- CB is not a fussy baby! She doesn't cry often and this happened to be one of those times. She sat there calmly with Will beside her as the female police officer commented on how cute she was. If she's so cute then don't give her mother a ticket right?!
Sleeping on the ride
On Saturday we went to lunch at Gus's to have the BEST fried chicken in the world! It has been on Food Network before and now we know why. It has the right amount of bite to it and the breading is just perfect- and it came out piping hot. Yum- I could eat some again right now! While we were there CB once again was an angel baby. She was tired and started to fuss but we just rocked her in her stroller and she went to sleep- even through all the noise in the restaurant. The waitress even commented on the 2 babies in her section and the fact that they were just sleeping through it all. After that we met up with Will's friend from college, Chris, and had a few drinks on Beale Street. The weather was absolutely amazing! When I talked to mom yesterday she said this weekend reminded her of the weekend of our wedding and she is so right. We had gorgeous weather for the end of January and 2 years later we had it again.
That evening the whole crew minus CB went to dinner and drinks. Elizabeth's mother and sister kept CB and from what they said she was wonderful. Did I expect anything else? I have to say that Elizabeth's mother and sister are 2 of the sweetest people I've ever met. This was the first time that I have left CB since she was 6 weeks old and my mom kept her. It was easy though because I knew she was in very good hands!
The picture Mrs. Debbie and Laura sent us of CB while we were gone.
On Sunday, we went to brunch and then hit the road to head back to Birmingham. It was a wonderful trip and we can't wait to go back again! Memphis was more fun than I expected it to be- but I have to say our hosts, Ben and Elizabeth, really made the trip so specatular. Plus seeing Chris was an added bonus that I know Will really appreciated!
After this weekend, I appreciate even more how wonderful our little girl is! She is just soooo good (which is surprising considering the stories I've heard about Will and me when we were her age). This definitely makes us want to have another one...not too soon though!
Our sweet baby
*Sorry for the poor picture quality- these are from my phone. Better ones to come soon!
So glad y'all finally made a trip to Memphis! It was so great having you here! Hopefully you can fit in another trip soon!
ReplyDelete