My parents have been happily married for 35 years as of yesterday. From their marriage I've learned many things that will help make my marriage just as successful...
1. Fight rarely. I know they say it's good to fight, and I'm sure my parents do but I've only witnessed one- and it was over MY science project.
2. Be each other's best friend. My parents have friends but I know without a doubt they would say their best friend is each other which means they share all secrets with each other, tell each other good news first, trust each other completely, you get the idea.
3. Travel. My parents have been all over different parts of the US and the world with the family or just the 2 of them. It helps them to get out of their routine plus I think it helps them to realize how fortunate they are.
4. Live comfortably. Research says one of the biggest fights and reasons for divorce is over money. Well live within your means- that way you never want for anything but you also know how much money you should be spending. Less debt, less fights, happy marriage.
5. Family is first! My parents have always put family in the fore front of everything they do! For their 25th anniversary they were at my HS Homecoming not off celebrating somewhere. For their 30th my mom was with my sick grandfather in Texas while my dad was at home working. Once again putting family first.
Mom & Dad-
I hope you take this year to enjoy every moment as husband & wife, as best friends, as parents, as grandparents- and please continue to teach me how to love and always put my family first
No comments:
Post a Comment