Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears...Oh My!

Birmingham Zoo 2011

A few weeks ago Katy and her bf, Stephen, came to visit us in Birmingham. We had a great time getting to know Stephen and hanging out with Katy.

While they were here we went to the Birmingham Zoo. I've been wanting to go for the longest time and I finally had some people that would go with me. I kept saying we should go for CB but it was really for me. She did enjoy it- she rode around in her stroller and people watched but I think that I had the real fun! From the tigers (War Eagle!) to the elephant (you know what they say) to the monkeys- it was so interesting and I cant wait to go back when CB is a little older and can look at the animals and not just the people. If you haven't been I recommend that you check it out. They have the Trails of Africa there now and it is a great exhibit.

Here are some pics from our adventure.

Family Photo

The paws were huge on this sleeping tiger!

Stephen, Katy and the giraffes
Just where you would picture a lion to sit
Oh sibling photo- I guess they never change no matter how old you are!
CB and Katy with the elephant
Bye Bye Zoo- we'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment