Tuesday, May 17, 2011

SAHM

Sorry for no recent updates on the blog but we've been doing lots of traveling and I've been doing lots of work.

We just returned for San Juan, Puerto Rico (for Kingsley and Paulie's wedding) and then from Little Rock, Arkansas (for Chris and Theresa's wedding). CB made the trip for San Juan and did a great job traveling. Then she stayed in Memphis with Ben and EB while we traveled to Little Rock. More to come on those topics later- I'm going to do a lot of blogging this week!

Today I'm here to tell you something BIG...as of May 27th I'll be a Stay At Home Mom aka SAHM! This is such an exciting thing but kind of scary at the same time. It will be a transition for me to be at home all the time and not work so it make take some adjustments but I couldn't be happier about it. We've been working on this since January when I went back to work but we wanted to wait and see before we made it official. We've been saving my paychecks and living on Will's salary. This way we could save more money in case we ever needed it as well as get used to our new way of living...on 1 salary. It worked so here we are!

Starting next Friday I'll be at home with our girl! I'll also be joining the Momma & Me group at our church which I'm very excited about also. They meet once a week- we bring our babies and our lunch while we have a devotional and chat. This way I'll be able to meet other SAHM moms and CB will be able to meet new friends at our church and hopefully they'll live in our neighborhood too.

I was off yesterday since I hadn't spent the weekend with her and wanted some more CB time before I went back to work. It was sort of a trial run for being a SAHM. We went for a run in the early morning (I have a new jogging stroller), we ate & played, we took a long nap, we ran a few errands, we made dinner, we played, and we had a fabulous time! It was really sweet to see her face when Will came home from work too- she really loves her Daddy! Which brings us to the video I'm posting for today...




No comments:

Post a Comment