Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm happy to announce

...the new Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Stephen Wheeler.

This weekend we travelled to Telluride, CO to celebrate the marriage of my brother, Drew and his (now) wife, Jeanna. It was an amazing weekend, and although I'm exhausted today it was well worth it.

We arrived late on Thursday afternoon after many connecting flights. This was not Will and my first visit as we went last year in August to visit Ben with my mom and dad. We went to town that night for dinner at Brown Dog for pizza and this is where we met Jeanna's sister and brother- in- law and twin and fiance- in- law. They are a wonderful group and I'm happy to know that Drew will be a part of their family.

The ladies spent Friday at the Sparty (Spa Party) while the boys went fly fishing. My mom and I had the best time talking and getting to know Elizabeth, Ben's girlfriend, as well as the rest of Jeanna's family including her mom. We got to pick the special spa treatment we wanted thanks to my mom and I got the lavendar facial. My face could not be any smoother; however, now that I'm back to the humidity I sure it will go away. The boys had a blast fly fishing and although it was catch and release and we have no actual evidence around 10 fish were caught by the 2 groups. I wish I had a picture to show you of their get-up. They looked very cute!

After the Sparty and fishing, we cleaned up and went to the Rehearsal Dinner at the restaurant, 9545. It was delicious! Obviously since I'm pregnant I can't enjoy the drinks during the cocktail hour or the wine during the dinner so I enjoyed the food as much as I could. If you've never tried Duck Enchiladas you should!

On Saturday it was the big day! All weekend the weather was tricky. It would be gorgeous in the morning and then rain sometime in the afternoon. They decided on a 12:30pm wedding so we said our prayers, crossed our fingers and toes and hoped it would hold off. While it did sprinkle just before, the sky cleared for the ceremony. It could not have been more beautiful! Jeanna's dress would not look that good on anyone else- it was truly made for her. Drew did his own thing wearing a new grey suit with a pair of converse tennis shoes. Jeanna's brother officiated the ceremony while Ben and Jeanna's twin, Mary, took the role of Best Man and Maid of Honor. It was a special ceremony that was made for them from the written vows to the intimate setting. It was the ceremony that fit Mr. and Mrs. Drew Wheeler.

I'm so happy that my brother has found his true love and I'm even happier to have a sister! Welcome to the family, Jeanna!

*I have pictures to post but it isn't working right now. I'll add them later- promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment