I'm using a new way to update you guys on Baby M this week. Hope you like it!
How Far Along: 26 weeks
Size of Baby M: 1 2/3 lbs. and 14 inches! About as big as an english hothouse cucumber...whatever type of cucumber that is!
Total Weight Gain: 18 lbs. Never put on this much weight before so it's hard to accept but I know that it is for the baby!
Maternity Clothes: I've definitely been in maternity pants for quite some time now. Most of my dresses are still wearable though my wardrobe seems to be getting smaller and smaller everyday.
Gender: Surprise! Will says boy and I say girl- one of us will be right!
Movement: Love it...it is the best feeling in the entire world! All day I wait for the next flip or kick. Will got to feel the baby's first kicks on Friday, June 2nd. We were sitting on the couch after a dinner and a walk when I felt the movements. He put his arm around me so his hand could rest comfortably on my stomach. Shortly after Baby M began to kick. I think that s/he knew that it was his/her daddy and that meant to put on a show!
Food Cravings: I'm not really into the idea of cravings during pregnancy because I feel like I always have had things that I want to eat or don't want. With that being said, I've enjoyed fruit and peanut butter throughout. We'll see if I send Will out on any late night food runs before this is over?
What I miss: Wine!
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well at this point. I get up every few days to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Still have crazy dreams but they aren't as bad as they were in the first trimester.
Symptoms: Indegestion and Heartburn (which they say is a sign the baby will come out with hair on his/her head) and Emotional moments (that at times do involve lots of tears)
Best moment this week: My brother's wedding in Telluride!
What I am looking forward to: Our crib coming in either at the end of this week or the beggining of next. This means the nursery will almost be complete!
How Baby M's growing: The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
*I apologize but I'm still having difficulties posting pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment