Monday, June 7, 2010

HALF WAY THERE!!!

I apologize for not posting the last few weeks. After one week of vacation and getting back to work I've been super busy but now I'm back and on track.

We had our big 20 week ultrasound last Thursday, and it should be our last unless any complications arise. I still can't believe that could be the last time we see Baby M before s/he is here. My parents and Will's parents were able to come in town for it and we're so thankful. A lady in the waiting room told me how lucky I was to be surrounded by family and she's right- I'm blessed. It was a moment that I will truly cherish and remember! So thank you Mom and Dad and Billy and Melba. We love you!

As for Baby M, s/he is doing great! We were able to keep the sex a secret during the ultrasound (mainly because we didn't know what we were looking at in the beginning until the tech pointed it out). Baby M was moving all around, opening his/her mouth, throwing his/her arm in the air, and putting on a show. I'm feeling all of those movements now as well. I can't wait for Will to be able to feel them.

We decided that we would wait until June (after the 20 wk appointment) to order any nursery furniture and decor. Well the day after the appointment I got started! So far, I've ordered the crib- which is the most beautiful crib in the world, the crib bedding, the swivel glider, and rug. Since no one believes you can decorate a nursery without knowing the sex (I've heard this quite a few times), there are what we like to call neutral colors. We're using green, white, and a little khaki throughout the room. We hope to start painting and working on putting everything together in late July or August.

As for Baby M's development this week...
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.
What Baby M looks like in my tummy...




More to come this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment