Saturday, November 5, 2011

Lake- here we come!

Well not yet but we're getting really close! My parents are building their dream lake house at Lake Martin and it is amazing! Seriously I can't tell you how awesome it is- I guess you'll just have to come visit and see it for yourselves when it's completed. I plan to move in soon!
Since I do have lake fever I've decided to help Mom & Dad decorate "our" room. My goal is to do it all for $150. I've been all over craigslist, ebay, etsy, etc. finding steals on furniture and I've had some luck.

So far here is what I have planned...

Mattress/Box spring- FREE (from a friend at M&M)

Bedding- Mom & Dad. THE INSPIRATION!!!
Iron Bed Frame- $50 (craigslist)

Bed Frame- FREE (we have one in the storage shed).

Nightstand- $5 (craigslist). I'll show pictures of the nightstand later as it needs some painting, new hardware, TLC, etc.

Lamp- FREE (my house). I did the stenciled burlap lampshade and I have a post with step by step details on the DIY project.

Accent Rug- $25 (TJ Maxx)
Chair- $25 (craigslist). I plan to recover the seat in burlap.Window Treatments- Mom & Dad

Tall Dresser- ??? (yet to be found for a reasonable price)

Estimated Total: $105. After my recent updates we are under budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment