
Today we had Caroline's 1 week check up with her pediatrician, Dr. Amason at Mayfair Medical Group. The staff was amazing from the check in staff to the nurses to Dr. Amason himself. By picking this practice, I have to say we've made our first great decision as parents.
When Caroline was born she weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. but after a day or two she dropped in weight to 6 lbs. 13 oz.- which is normal for most newborns. When we went to her appointment today she weighed a whopping 7 lbs. 9 oz. Dr. Amason was very impressed with this and I was such a proud Mom! He said that most newborns don't gain back their birth weight that quickly but our little Caroline did. I'm sure it's from all those feedings she's received! I do feel like she feeds 24/7 but it is totally worth it if she keeps growing like she is.
Also, at the appointment he checked her eyes and ears, listened to her heartbeat, and even checked to see if she had shrunk. Apparently it is not uncommon for babies to go to their 1 week check up and be shorter than when they are born. Caroline was the exact same size so she's no shrinking baby!
We are proud parents so more bragging and pictures to come!
Enjoying her newborn lounger this afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment