How Baby M's growing:This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
I'm feeling a little tired this week which is similar to what I felt during the first trimester. Not only that but the baby is getting heavier- hence the 4 navel oranges- and my feet are starting to hurt more and more. Flats might be in my near future, although I'm in heels again today! Also, the baby has been in the same position for a few weeks now and he/she loves to push around my rib cage- not so comfortable; however all the negatives can not outweigh the feeling of when our baby moves. The full body waves make me forget all about being tired, my sore feet, and my bruised ribs! God knew what he was doing with pregnant women!
We had a doctor's appointment this morning and things are right on track. The baby is measuring perfectly and she even said it sounds like the baby's head is down which is great news! When I told my mom about this she said the baby is just like me...prepared and ready (though I hope he/she plans to wait 9 more weeks like I do!). We also discussed pediatrians, birth plans, and everything important. It was an informative appointment and now I feel very comfortable with all that is going to come with labor and delivery. Now if only it would all go according to my plan...
No comments:
Post a Comment