In Edgewood's Homewood Park, every year the Exceptional Foundation hosts their Chili Cook-Off. Since this is the first year we were living in our home (right by the park) we wanted to a part of the fundraiser. All companies sign up to have a team and compete for the best chili. There were 70 total teams and since Will's company, Cintas, was not competing he joined forces with ITAC Solutions, the company a friend of ours, Trey, works for. Although it rained all day it was still a lot of fun especially for Will!
He was up at 5:30- and so were CB and I. He left for the park to get started on their chili as you have to cook EVERYTHING there. That means they were browning 25 lbs. of beef outside! CB and I went for a walk that morning before the rain started and swung by their tent to say hello. The guys were focused so we didn't stay too long.
Around 12:30 after CB's feeding, we went back and tried the chili. It was A-MAZING...I was very impressed! The guy's ended up taking home 4th place! They seemed to be a little disappointed with this but I was so proud. I tried to explain that this was their 1st time to compete and they did that well; however, Will and Trey are already thinking of ways they can improve to win 1st place next year.
We're not a competitive family at all!
No comments:
Post a Comment